Looking for a Creative Director with undeniable design skills, a passion for great ideas, and the desire to creatively collaborate with coworkers and clients alike. We’re an innovation agency designed to identify, elicit, and generate unique ideas with our clients that have transformative business value. As a Creative Director, your role is to oversee and execute cross-channel design solutions from concept to design to final build. You are able to engage with Experience Research and Experience Strategy to understand insights, ideas, models, and concepts and translate them into actionable designs – from sketches to wireframes to comps to interactive prototypes. You are equally adept at ensuring your designs come to life during implementation through seamless engagement with our technologists. And, most importantly, you are able to inspire, motivate, and guide a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, graphic designers, writers, and content designers as they create solutions that span mobile, web, physical environments, wearables, and manifestations yet to be identified.
What the firm expects from you?
- Interaction Design: Design sketches, wireframes, prototypes
- Visual Design: Pixel perfect design execution
- Information Architecture: Concept models, sitemaps, process flows, use cases
- Creative Direction: Develop and own the creative vision; Project-based oversight of all creative disciplines
- Workshops: Plan, execute, and analyze collaborative workshops with clients
- Collaborate deeply with coworkers and clients during ideation sessions, hackathons, working sessions, etc.
- Examine industry and design trends for inspiration
- Estimation: Estimate level of effort, duration, and team for creative work
- Plans: Work within the firm's framework to organize and sequence creative work
- Support Experience Researchers and Experience Strategists
- Prototyping: Create paper and interactive prototypes for use during research sessions
- Audience definition: Work with Experience Researchers and Experience Strategists to define audience segments and attributes
- Persona development: Work with Experience Researchers and Experience Strategists to segment-aligned create personas
- Usability Testing: Work with Experience Researchers and Experience Strategists to plan, execute, and analyze usability tests
- Advocate for the firm’s brand with clients, colleagues and the industry in general
- Promote the brand as needed/requested through publications, speaking, event attendance, etc.
- Develop and maintain key client relationships
- Work with Business Development and Client Services teams to source, develop, and close leads
- Engage in mini design projects to produce spec work and compelling ideas for potential clients
- Create exceptional project proposals
- A deep specialization in interaction design, and user experience with a thorough understanding of visual design, content design, and client-side technology
- 8+ years in a creative leadership role
- A portfolio of exceptional design for major clients
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire fellow designers
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities internally and with clients
- The ability to plan and estimate design work across disciplines
- Be a design geek: You are desperately, irretrievably, and forever in love with all things design.
- Be a trend spotter: You are constantly aware of the latest trends in design, technology, and business and know how to apply your knowledge to your work.
- Be an evangelist: You openly discuss and share your ideas, abilities, and enthusiasm with others.
- Be a maker: You’re not just a talker or idea generator – you know how to make things tangible.
- Be a collaborator: You feel at home when you’re part of a team of smart, driven, fun people.