This senior management position will play a leadership role within the Project Management Office in the Information Technology department. The position will lead the Firm’s largest and most strategic programs and projects that cut across multiple technology areas and the business areas they support, providing major technology platform transformation and change management, where 20+ years of legacy technology is being re-platformed to become a competitive advantage.
- 7-10 years’ recent experience providing hands-on project management within an Information Technology department, ideally across both Application Development and Infrastructure projects, matrix managing both internal staff and external vendor contract teams.
- 5+ years experience leading projects through Agile/Iterative methodologies, operating in a Scrum Master role when necessary to decompose high level project requirements into actionable Sprints and deliverables for the project team.
- 3+ years’ experience playing a leadership role within a PMO/Project Management function within an Information Technology organization.
- Experience using JIRA for Agile project leadership strongly desired
- Extensive experience leading large enterprise-wide technology re-platform programs and solution delivery teams inclusive of scope, scheduling, budgeting, and project planning in a matrixed environment with aggressive delivery goals.
- Experience creating 3rd party RFPs, Statements of Work, contract review/negotiation, and oversee vendor resources for projects that fall outside of existing IT functional areas
- Expert communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled multi-tasker with ability to manage numerous projects and tasks concurrently.
- Subject matter expert in the basics of project management (estimation, project planning, resource planning, issue management, risk management, change management, communication planning)
- Stable work history with at least 2 years average duration per employer, few breaks in employment, and with progressively increasing career responsibility.
- Substantiated experience raising the bar on staff delivery performance and cultivating high performance work environments.
- Experience transforming teams through technology, organization, culture, process, and business change management.
- Hands-on leader, visionary, and problem solver with a passion for excellence.
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals.
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, exceptionally detail oriented, and driven to exceed expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a Computer Science or related field.
- PMP certification strongly desired.
- Hands-on early career experience in a technical IT role preferred.
- ITIL certification a plus.
- Prior industry experience in Professional Services/Management Consulting or Financial Markets a plus.
Infrastructure Project Experience
- Data Center
- Microsoft Office
- New Intranet/Extranet
- VM Ware Upgrades
- Office Opens/Moves