- Develop front-end code for web-based trading platform to a high technical standard, setting an example for other developers.
- Collaborate closely with backend developers, QA testers, support teams, business teams, UX designers, and architects to engineer solutions that are performant and maintainable, delivered on time, and fit for the customers’ needs.
- Technical leadership
- Be very hands on, and lead a small team.
- Knowledge of financial services industry within a fixed-income area, a plus
- Experience leading and running a small development team.
- Extensive AngularJS, HTML5 canvas experience, and/or React experience (at least one required).
- Excellent JS knowledge, including ES6. Knowledge of typed supersets like Flow or TypeScript is a bonus, but not required.
- Proven technical and people leadership skills.
- Experience in mentoring developers and translating that to tangible improvements in code quality.
- Experience in automated testing using JS test libraries and frameworks, including functional and unit tests.
- Experience in performance testing, writing performant code, optimizing existing code.
- Able to work according to a UI & UX spec and work closely with designers.
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing tasks in a fast moving work environment
- Bachelor's Degree; Masters of Science in Computer Science preferred.