Start-up FinTech firm looking for that rare confluence of technical and product knowledge that allows such an individual to bridge the gap between building functionality to meet customers’ needs and understanding the trade-offs the development team faces in terms of actual implementation of said functionality.
Ideally, such an individual would have experience on the commercial banking side and thus have a familiarity with trade finance products (A/R, Supply Chain, Letters of Credit, Loans, etc) already as a baseline. Familiarity or comfort with the concepts of trade credit insurance and blockchain (a “nice to have” given it is so new) would also be compelling for a candidate to have. Furthermore, experience working in either third party electronic trading or internal “single dealer” funding platforms is a huge plus.
- 8+ Years Product Management within Financial Services or FinTech
- Candidate must be able to effectively take entire product builds from start to end
- This individual must take ownership of a product such that they know how all the disparate parts/details of a product come together and inter-relate. Not uncommon in such builds that even a seemingly minor change on one side of the product has ripple effects all the way through to the other end. The individual needs to anticipate these changes and capture/reflect them in real time.
- Sourcing/ideation internally with the product team and externally with customers
- Spec writing and documentation
- Project management as the development team implements
- Launch and product evangelization
- Attention to detail is an absolute MUST.