Our client is seeking a DevOps Engineer to Join their team to contribute to the development of the most secure, compliant, and reliable voice communication and analytics platform for institutional traders in the financial services industry.
- Build and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) solutions in an AWS environment with Jenkins at the center and automate the code delivery pipeline with the goal of one click deployments, rollbacks, and parameterized builds.
- Be a DevOps champion, subscribe to the DevOps mentality and the philosophy of automating everything.
- Obtain a deep understanding of the firm's infrastructure and applications.
- Manage the global AWS services and infrastructure while assisting in the deployment and roll-out of new features and products.
- Work with the development team to cross-pollenate DevOps processes and ensure that new architectures are drawn up with “ease of management”, delivery, and operability in mind.
- Serve as a key member of the DevOps team while managing the overall system health, performance, and capacity of the internal and client facing systems.
- Troubleshoot application and service issues or system outages while clearly communicating status updates with management and engineering teams.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Demonstrated expertise/advocate as a CI/CD architect and have at least 2 years’ experience building out CI/CD pipelines.
- Jenkins Pro: from setup to execution, helping Development groups get their products through three-phases of infrastructure (DEV, QA, PROD) with automated build and deploy.
- Strong knowledge of the AWS environment including AWS VPC, Direct Connect, and VPN.
- Experience using git and deep knowledge of git branching/merging workflow, especially as it relates to automation and CI pipelines.
- Strong experience with Terraform.
- Strong scripting experience in Python, particularly in system automation and monitoring.
- Deep understanding of configuration management theory, implementation, and scaling.
- Experience implementing an artifact repository (Artifactory or Nexus) as part of the CI/CD workflow.
- Ability to integrate third party & propitiatory API’s into existing automation and SDLC.
- Experience with Splunk, Redis, Puppet, MySQL, NoSQL, pub/sub, messaging, caching technologies, and data warehousing.
- Networking experience within complex environments using application load balancing, routing, switching, DNS, network firewalls, and web application firewalls.
- Deep troubleshooting experience that spans networking, Linux/Windows, and code.
- Experience with containers, Docker, DockerSwarm Packer, Kubernetes, and ECS
- Google Cloud Platform experience is a plus.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with other DevOps engineers, product managers, developers, etc.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline.