This position will primarily support firm-wide video and web teleconferencing functions across 37 nationwide offices and 1,600 staff, but will also provide secondary user support for computer Desktop functions. The VC and Desktop Senior Analyst will have a strong working knowledge of IP-based video conferencing technology. Hands-on experience working with industry-leading video conferencing hardware equipment is expected, with a focus on Cisco and Lifesize platforms, which include Cisco and Lifesize Codecs and Crestron audio/visual controllers. Vendor experience supporting hosted VC services (currently with ConvergeOne, formerly known as SPS). Experience with Cisco's Unified Communication Platform (CUCM) is strongly preferred, as the firm is planning a migration from ConvergeOne's hosted solution to an on-premise Cisco UC platform. Support will also be required for the firm's various cloud-based meeting platforms, including CMR, Cisco's WebEx, Zoom, Skype for Business and GoToWebinar.
The candidate will also have a strong working knowledge of the Windows 7 and 10 operating systems, user profiles, Active Directory, Group policies and registry. Must possess good communication skills and service delivery attitude.
The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills, technical oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- College Degree preferred, along with 4 years of relevant work experience
- CCNA Collaboration Certification a plus Additional training/certifications in relevant area of study preferred
- 4 years' experience providing support to users and IT operations required
- Prior experience working with VC equipment in an enterprise WAN environment
- Prior experience troubleshooting desktops in an enterprise WAN environment
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA a plus
- ITIL certification a plus
- Maintaining of schedule for video and web conferences throughout the firm
- Manage firm collaboration services including WebEx, CMR, Skype for Business and audio conferencing
- Day-to-day video and web conferencing set-up across our 37 offices, with timely coordination and communication with colleagues to ensure proper set-up across participating locations throughout the firm
- Work with the various departments at the firm (including Human Resources and Marketing) for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and other events
- Document, standardize and streamline existing audiovisual processes to mature service offerings and develop processes to deliver new products
- Manage all telepresence services including rooms, endpoints, endpoint infrastructure, and scheduling
- Manage conference room audiovisual services including design, deployment, and support Coordination with 3rd party vendors to resolve issues and ensure the timely repair of VC hardware within the local and remote offices
- Analyzing vendor proposals and coordination for new installations and repair/replacement/upgrades of VC and A/V units across our office locations
- Design and build-out of new/replacement VC setups in local and remote offices Lead/assist with the VC platform implementation assessment between the current cloud-based and future-state Cisco UC VC platform and aid in the various stages, including hardware/software design, vendor SOW, roadmap, etc.
- Coordination with outside video vendors, when necessary, in testing and executing video and web conferences and webcasts
- Projector set-up and organization for presentations in conference rooms
- Understanding of networking (LAN, WAN), and active directory
- Troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, hardware and software components of Dell desktop and laptop computers and of Microsoft Office 2013/2016 applications.
- Ability to reimage PCs and Laptops as needed, experience with PXE booting preferred
- Computer MACDs and preparing equipment for interoffice transfers
- Available and adaptable to work outside of set hours and be available outside of set hours for emergency response
- Provide escalation status notification on service impacting events.
- Track and update events in the ticketing system in a consistent, clear and efficient manner
- Technical support liaising with Support Desk
- Install and support network printers.
- Mobile device experience and support for iPhones and Android devices
- Cisco VoIP telephone MACDs
- Strong working knowledge of IP-based video conferencing technology, including Cisco and Lifesize UC video conferencing systems, Crestron controller and switching apparatus and hosted and on-premises video conferencing infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 operating systems, hardware components of desktop and laptop computers and of Microsoft Office 2013/2016 applications.
- Knowledge and ability to remove viruses/malware, experience with McAfee Endpoint security a plus
- Excellent listening, questioning and analytical skills along with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate analytical problem solving skills
- Understanding of customer needs and expectations
- Ability to relay to non-technical users in user-friendly language.
- Ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities to meet all deadlines
- Ability to work well with others and build a strong sense of team spirit
- Ability to work in a multi-office environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in an organized, disciplined and consistent manner
- Willingness to receive constructive criticism or feedback on job performance and adjust work habits as necessary
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's affairs
- Strong written, verbal and organizational skills
- The ability to flex time to other offices to provide coverage/support for the desktop team as needed