Our New York City client is a major web based international electronics retailer looking for a Project Manager who is excellent at communications and presentations. Someone who can be the face of and interface with the businesses, the vendors and the technical teams. This is not a hands on technical role. Experience with large retailers would be optimal. A marketing background would be considered too!
- Help define program requirements, scope, goals and deliverables in support of business goals and work with senior leadership and stakeholders for approvals
- Help research technology solutions – external or internal, to meet the needs of the business
- Facilitate the full lifecycle planning and management of two or three projects/products to ensure they are delivered on-time, within budget and with the expected results.
- Build and maintain working relationships with business leaders, team members, vendors, and other departments involved in multiple projects
- Partner with Product Owners to understand their objectives and develop digital project portfolios that help them meet and exceed those objectives.
- Prepare and communicate project progress/status reports for Executive Management review
- Identify risks and issues and develop mitigating strategies for stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, etc. or related field
- 5+ years’ of experience in the field of Agile Project/Program management
- Experience with implementation of large size software applications
- Strong functional knowledge of various business functions
- Demonstrated relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Experience managing programs and multiple projects with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in project management tools is desirable
- Team player a must
- Right to Hire Position