The Data Architect is responsible for the overall design of the enterprise-wide data/information architecture which maps to the enterprise architecture and balances the need for access against security and performance requirements. This key position will report to the CTO and work closely with the Enterprise Architect and the CIO on both tactical and strategic enterprise-level data design and implementation.
- Focuses on enterprise-wide data modeling and database design
- Defines data/information architecture standards, structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements, and applies accepted data content standards to technology projects
- Advises on consistent business analysis, data acquisition, access analysis and design, Data Management Systems optimization, load strategy design and implementation, as well as data-related security and change management at the enterprise level
- Collaborates with Engineering and ETL teams on data model, its maintenance and optimization as well as end-to-end data driven integration strategy.
- Translates strategic requirements into a usable enterprise information architecture which may include an enterprise data model, common business vocabulary, taxonomies to be used to guide enterprise solution development, and achieve consistency of information assets across the application portfolio.
- Develops a metadata management and repository strategy to manage all enterprise information architecture project artifacts.
- Collaborates with Product and Enterprise Data Teams to ensure that existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded, and leveraged across the enterprise.
- Provides key cross-team leadership for the firm's Data Governance Model.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with ability to function at all detail levels.
- Must have a strong business architecture perspective
- A wide degree of creativity, efficiency, understanding of application design principals and demonstrable use of those principles in application architecture
- Knowledge of Application design patterns, data modeling, service-oriented integration, business intelligence domains
- Experience with transactional applications in industries such as benefits, financial, and/or healthcare
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in interacting and negotiating with business stakeholders at all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- 7+ years of experience as data architect or other senior data management role
- Strong history of business and project engagement
- Experience using architecture repository tools (such as Orbus iServer)
- Documented hands-on experience with ETL and MDM tools, preferably Informatica PowerCenter and MDM
- Experience with address cleansing solutions such as Address Doctor, Trillium, etc.
- Familiarity with AWS RDS a plus.