Our client is seeking a technical specialist with deep knowledge and experience of customer relationship management (CRM) systems. Someone who has experience with creating, managing and using digital tools that make it possible for marketers to automate tasks and make data-driven decisions.
Working in the New York office, you will be required to hire an Engineering team of 4-6 Engineers working closely with the firm's marketing team. The team will then focus on the continued development and support of the current CRM platform (RedPoint), including integration with the wider services and technologies. You will also be required to support the Marketing teams during product offer testing with the creation of a range of Web and mobile artefacts.
You will have experience in both the evaluation, selection, integration and operation of 3rd party marketing tools as well as be able to build and produce custom built solutions as required.
- Extensive experience of working in either Java or Python on AWS
- Experience of SQL and NoSQL database design and development
- Experience of working in a fast paced Agile environment
- Support the team by helping to shape the stream requirements and providing advice on scope of decisions that impact the stream or the wider organization.
- Possess good knowledge of the relevant project, systems and codebases, or have the technical ability to familiarize and gain understanding of new projects/technologies rapidly.
- Take a long term view on the health of relevant code bases; identifying technical debt and making plans to remedy.
- Research and propose new technologies.
- Help to coordinate major projects or initiatives for a stream
- Have built mastery in relevant technical skills and support the team in making fit for purpose technical decisions
- Lead the team towards full stack development by thinking of impact outside your immediate expertise.
- Proactive in identifying and understanding risks
- Coach the team to identify solid technical solutions to complex, ambiguous problems.
- Work in close partnership with Marketing, CRM, Product Development, Project Management and Business Analysis to drive requirements.
- Take initiative to identify and solve important problems, coordinating with others on technical issues across streams
- Lead a highly collaborative technical team and have a good understanding where each different discipline contributes
- Reflect our values in day-to-day working.
- Set realistic achievable deadlines that drive urgency, while working in a healthy and mature way, and seeking to minimize project risk.
- Take responsibility for issues which may not have an obvious owner or are outside your direct scope.
- Develop relationships with third party vendors and manage integration points, coordinating internal technical work with outside partnership/external deadlines.
- Providing technical guidance and support in during the selection of 3rd party products.
- Possess an ability to cultivate a sense of purpose in the team.
- View challenges as opportunities for learning
- Support and coach others through offering feedback, technical guidance, best practice and code reviews.
- Role model good practices for others.
- Delegate work effectively to team members.
- Create environment where others can learn and develop
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices.
- Knowledge of event-driven architecture, queuing services.
- Experience building consumer/social web products or games.
- Knowledge of applying REST principles and design in a fast-moving, production environment
- Linux systems administration, including basic scripting.
- Experience of building scalable, concurrent, high-availability systems.
- Designing and interacting with large transactional relational databases.
- Experience of a continuous deployment environment, with source control and managed releases.