Our client is looking for a Software Engineering Lead to join their team in Evanston, US. As a Team Lead you will design, implement, test, and support high quality products used by hundreds of companies and thousands of end users to make critical decisions and manage sales operations. Whether researching new technologies, designing advanced optimizations, or implementing world-class user interfaces you will have an immediate impact and ownership of large parts of the products. You will work with on shore and off teams.
- Gain immediate responsibility to develop products and services
- Work “in the trenches” with junior developers to implement large features that wow our clients
- Demonstrate a passion for cloud product development, and be extremely detail-oriented
- Show willingness to rapidly learn new languages and platforms
- Be a technical expert, mentor junior developers, and share your expertise with the team
- Provide accurate effort estimates on work
- Research industry trends and technologies, and promote adoption of best-in-class tools and technologies
- Understand client business issues and actively participate in designing products and features that meet client needs
- Take initiative to advance the quality, responsiveness, architecture, or design of the platform, if you want to make it happen you can.
- A demonstrated record of academic success and significant programming experience
- 7+ years of experience in developing software, ideally building software products in a Software as a Service/cloud-based model
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (CS), Information Technology (IT) or related discipline
- Experience coaching other developers to produce great code
- Experience developing full-stack cloud software products.
- Experience of working with SQL/modern database like PostgreSQL or Aurora
- Expertise developing SOA web services and REST / OData based APIs
- Expertise with IoC containers and DI frameworks (like Guice), SOLID and DRY principles, REST frameworks, ORMs (like Hibernate), CD/CD solutions using Maven, Jenkins, TeamCity etc.
- Deep expertise in object oriented programming, preferably in Java and Java based frameworks
- Experience with AWS platform, specifically Lambda, API Gateway, IAM