The Program Manager will collaborate with leaders and stakeholders across the organization and it's customers to “drive results” - ensuring appropriate delivery of activities related to program management, executive communications, and change management governance in support of efficiently delivering business outcomes and creating value for customers. The position has time critical and complex programs within the organization and with customers. The program manager is empowered to deliver risks, issues and mitigation plans to customers and executive leadership with superior presentation and relationship management skills.
This is a Right To Hire position, work 3 days in office, 2 remote.
- Drive planning, delivery and implementation of transformation programs supported by multiple business and technology functions across the firm, customer and vendor partner organizations
- Understand the scope and capabilities of the firm's technology functions and how to engage with / leverage them in an integrated fashion to deliver business outcomes in accordance with customer requirements
- Build relationships with and influence customers, colleagues and vendor partners (e.g. system integrators) to drive successful delivery and customer satisfaction
- Own presentation responsibility for weekly status reports as well as executive level read outs and steering committee reviews, manage, and resolve resource assignments/constraints on programs and associated projects that support programs
- Ensure quality is considered throughout delivery, including QA and UAT to ensure outputs are thoroughly tested and proven before deployment to customers and handed over to support.
- Ensure that project plans account for change management concerns associated with transformation projects including communications and end user training concerns
- Support the process of change control at the portfolio and program level
- Aligns SDLC processes to program/project management methodologies with respect to customer requirements, solution design, solution development, and testing activities.
- Develop key relationships with cross functional teams, customers, and vendors while promoting the firm's PPM processes and tools throughout the organization
- Own comprehensive program and project plans including tasks owned by vendors and tasks owned by the firm
- Ensure that the firm is tracking to plan for all tasks in the project plan and that all dependencies are understood + mapped out via critical path analysis
- Ensure that scope and associated changes are being managed in a structured and transparent fashion
- Identify and surface risks accompanied by actionable mitigation plans before they materialize as issues
- Provide support and guidance for project managers and project coordinators associated with assigned programs
- Contribute to buildout and continuous improvement of program management processes
- Maintain single repository of relevant artifacts for assigned programs including plans, requirements approvals, executive communications, training materials, and analytics
- Set up and manage benefits tracking throughout the program management lifecycle. This includes measurements of success, OKR’s and delivery program success
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Communications, Technology, Business Administration or related field
- 10+ years of experience working as a program manager, senior project manager, technical delivery manager or equivalent role
- PgMP and/or PMP/ PRINCE 2 certification and/or related coursework in program management, project management, lean six sigma, SAFE Agile, ITIL, etc.
- Extensive experience in a professional services context to enable working with clients and 3rd party vendors or contractors as required to negotiate contracts, contract renewals, and enable SOW sign off
- Prior experience as a program manager delivering enterprise applications including ERP, SAP Concur, Workday Adaptive, Microsoft Dynamics 365 as a service provider
- Pivot to changes and influence the teams to focus on competing priorities, as well as manage multiple programs and portfolios simultaneously
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward alignment
- Able to energize a team against a goal, committed to continuous evolution and improvement
- Experience with various project and program management methodologies such as a mix of Waterfall/Agile/Scrum/Kanban
- Experience in governance best practices including PPM tooling, capacity tracking, capacity reporting, portfolio roadmaps, Agile, Agile Coaching, Agile Reporting
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- Applied experience with PPM and work management tools (e.g. Clarizen One, Azure Dev Ops, Jira, Jira Align), BI tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau), Data Warehousing tools (e.g. Snowflake) Confluence, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel, MS Project, and SharePoint
- Calm under pressure, able to make quick and rational decisions, drive and deliver through ambiguity while maintaining the progress against organizational and program objectives
- Expected travel 20-25%