The Senior Technology Buyer will be a member of the Buyer team, reporting to Purchasing Manager. Sr. Buyer will be accountable for delivering end-to-end Purchase-to-Pay services for Technology category, ensuring PO execution in support of the global demand. Responsibilities include interacting / coordinating with suppliers, identifying process improvement opportunities, order tracking and expediting. The ideal candidate will be experienced in Procure-to-Pay process, policies, and systems, creating, communicating, and following through purchasing activities in a fast-paced environment, and supporting operations.
- Accountable for end-to-end procurement, including demand planning, PO execution and management, expediting and invoice remediation and PO close-out.
- Coordinate purchasing demand and delivery priority in close collaboration with business partners and category team. Ensure alignment with the guided buying and category hierarchy.
- Ensure that the purchasing tickets follow the defined states, utilizing a Kanban approach.
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication, and mitigation of future potential problems
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule requirements.
- Setup and maintain vendor catalogues in the e-Procurement (P2P) system, enabling low-touch fast track PO placement for commodity products.
- Comply with delegation of authorities, signing authorities, as defined for each legal entity
- Ensure conformance with the project and department cost codes and financial requirements.
- Track delivery ETAs, ensuring goods receipt in the system and following through with PO close-out upon invoice payment.
- Coordinate and support direct negotiations with shortlisted suppliers; communicate and collaborate with the category team as required.
- Collaborate with Finance and Legal team to ensure budgets are in place ahead of sourcing initiation and resulting contract captures commercial intent, while minimizing risk exposure through use of proper terms and conditions.
- Coach other team members to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Process complex purchase orders while maintaining target SLA’s.
- 8-10+ years related procurement experience, preferably supporting operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business or logistics is required, advanced degree is bonus
- Supply chain or purchasing certification (ISM or equivalent.) is a bonus.
- Experience with ERP Procurement and e-Sourcing systems is required
- Deep experience in Procurement, purchasing across complete Procure-to-Pay cycle.
- Demonstrated experience in industry standard Procure-to-Pay systems such as Ariba, Coupa, GEP or Medius.
- Demonstrated understanding of delegation of authorities and signing authorities.
- Procurement experience across multiple technology categories including Hardware, Silicon, Data center technologies, Storage, Networking, Enterprise Software, and IT Professional services.
- Experience working across global teams and multiple jurisdictions is highly desirable.
- Strong stakeholder communication skills and able to effectively interact with all levels in the organization.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to drive outcome focused conversations.
- Knowledge or experience with agile methodologies such as Kanban is highly desirable as well as experience with agile technologies such as Microsoft DevOps or Jira/Atlassian suite.
- Demonstrated experience coaching team members (providing timely and constructive feedback and sharing knowledge and best practices)