The IT Infrastructure Data Center Manager's role is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing 4 to 6 staff members, contractors/consultants, and the overall IT operation with a focus on ensuring the stable operation of the organization's IT Data Center and server infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, such as the Data Center, Windows Servers, Exchange Messaging, MobileIron Device Management, VMware & Citrix Virtualization and storage infrastructure. The Infrastructure Manager will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. This position will play a key role contributing to the current and future strategic technology direction for this "Top 50" (National Law Journal) Firm of over 1,600 personnel and 36 plus regional offices.
A primary focus for this management position will be to provide leadership for technology platform transformation and to deliver the full project lifecycle for new infrastructure technology solutions, inclusive of building a strategic roadmap for the short, medium and long term for each every managed infrastructure service. In addition, this role will be responsible for the operational excellence of the Data Center and Operations team, including implementing ITIL and ITSM procedures with an initial focus on assisting with the further development of Incident Management, RCA/Problem Management, Change Management, Event Management, SLAs, production support, standards, tools, and best practices for the technology organization. This resource must be a strong leader of projects, internal resources and external vendors/service providers, and exhibit the ability to perform on a strategic and transformational level with other management at the Firm.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience leading an IT Infrastructure department and strategic IT Infrastructure projects
- Minimum of 5 years' hands-on technical experience building and supporting many of the following services and technologies:
- Physical servers (Dell/Windows)
- Virtual servers (ESX/VMWare)
- Storage/SAN (Dell, EMC, etc.)
- Remote connectivity (Citrix Netscaler/XenApp/XenDesktop)
- Data centers (private, cloud and hybrid)
- Email (MS Exchange)
- Active Directory
- Monitoring (MS SCCM, Solarwinds, WhatsUp Gold, CIM, Open Manage)
- Cyber security best practices
- Disaster recovery
- Extensive experience leading infrastructure delivery teams inclusive of scope, scheduling, budgeting, and project planning in an environment with aggressive delivery goals.
- Expertise with vendor management, negotiation and oversight of vendor resources.
- Experience transforming teams through technology, organization, culture, process, and business change management.
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Strong customer relationship and customer service skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Stable work history with at least 2 years average duration per employer, few breaks in employment, and with progressively increasing career responsibility.
- Hands-on leader, visionary, and problem solver with a passion for excellence.
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, exceptionally detail oriented, and driven to exceed expectations.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.