The Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for facilitating the proper alignment between processes and applications while striving for continuous improvement of business processes and application functionality. The role should contribute broad experience and a high level of expertise in business processes, application functionality, project management and application lifecycle development techniques.
- Heavy Data Experience (ie Data Migrations)
- Property and Causality Business Analysis Experience
- Big Plus - Phoenix System - "Via Oracle ensures zero data loss, maximizes availability, and saves money by continuously protecting yet-to-be-replicated data and rapidly restoring application consistency across the Oracle environment."
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Acts as primary liaison between ITS and business on assigned projects to ensure business requirements are captured and delivered as part of the technical solution, includes collaborating with business stakeholders to define and document business requirements and with technical staff to develop solution alternatives. Leads analysis, facilitates/elicits requirements, performs current state, gap and future state analysis and participates in design activities; maintains an understanding of a broad range of business processes and related systems; provides strategic advice for business processes and solutions. Acts as overall owner of business requirements for the assigned application/project.
- Assists with all application implementations including software selection, planning, data conversion, application configuration, process workflow analysis, enhancements, quality assurance, requirements documentation, user acceptance testing, training and ongoing production support.
- Participates in the Project Management process; understands and applies the system development methodology; contributes to project deliverables including vision documents, status reports, and project, risk; communicates status, business impacts and system changes to team members, business partners, sponsors, management and other interested parties; coordinates change management, issues, tracking and resolution.
- Manages and/or participates in testing activities for project assignments; provides guidance for testing strategies, scope and scenarios; reviews and provides advice for testing- reviews test cases, related estimates of effort, duration and resource utilization; prepares and reviews test plans; identifies testing risks and contributes to the overall management of project and risk plans; coordinates, manages and participates in user acceptance testing.
- Understands project development methodologies and ensures all activities follow defined enterprise methodology best practices; ensures appropriate change control procedures are followed.
- Effective communication (verbally and written) skills with project stakeholders, senior management, external vendors, across ITS departments and project team members.
- Consults with management and personnel to identify impact and project needs to successfully meet all defined BU / SU business goals and objectives identified during budget planning and throughout the year.
- Able to thoroughly create and understand complex functional user flows and mockups. Ability to understand wireframes.
- Follow all enterprise data security and privacy guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A creative contributor who is a proven “self starter”, problem solver and critical thinker who can work independently with little supervision. Ability to make quick decisions and to adapt to change. Ability to quickly get up to speed on new applications and business processes.
- Resourceful with ability to proactively find answers to questions both business and technical related. Includes ability to identify gaps, remove ambiguity and strategize on solutions.
- Strong business communications, facilitation/elicitation, listening, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. Strong knowledge of and ability to develop relationships with our many functional areas (i.e. finance, actuarial, legal, systems, etc.) and external business contacts. Resolves conflicts and creates alignment around the solution. Ability to become a trusted advisor to the business.
- Ability to see the big picture as well as focus in on the details.
- Assists in the growth and mentoring of others, in developing, accurate, reliable and robust solutions that meet design specifications and anticipate future uses and enhancements.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Visio, Word and Project Management toolsets.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the full system development life cycle.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related fields.
- Minimum 8 years experience in business analysis with experience leading analysis on complex business initiatives.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodology required