LOCAL CANDIDATES. ON-SITE PERSONAL INTERVIEW
The Quality Assurance Consultant with a focus as a manual tester, on web and ETL Informatica PowerCenter application testing. The candidate must be capable of developing the test strategy, test plans and test scripts and execute them to ensure systems meet expected business requirements.
The candidate must demonstrate strong SQL and Informatica PowerCenter skills
Testing levels will include application functional, system, regression and acceptance testing.
The position requires working closely with a multi-disciplinary development group and other QA team members.
This is a hybrid position, 3 days in office, 2 remote, 65-75 an hour
- Ensure adherence to IT project management methodologies; plan testing execution projects and adhere to SDLC processes and procedures
- Perform back-end, functional, regression and cross browsers testing
- Provide test status and execution results to the QA group lead and other project team members.
- Proactively troubleshoot issues with business analyst, development and other team members to replicate/identify, and resolve issues
- Log detailed and accurate defect reports and follow the defects through to resolution and closure
- Attend daily scrum, backlog grooming and retrospective meetings
- Serve as a resource to the QA team in the resolution of complex business or technical issues
- All aspects of QA in Agile, waterfall and hybrid methodology - 7 + years of experience
- Advanced level SQL skills (ability to write complex queries)
- Master in Test Plan/Test Strategy and test cases creation
- Testing of web applications
- Testing of ETL- Informatica Power Center applications
- Strong analysis and follow up skills is a MUST
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Proven ability to formulate and execute test cases (positive and negative scenarios)
- Advanced proficiency in establishing/documenting/executing test strategies/plans/cases from business and functional requirements
- Experience using bug tracking systems for specifying test requirements, planning tests, running tests and tracking defects
- Experience working with test management tools, such as Test Rail, Quality Center or similar
- Experience working with Jira is a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interface with multiple project team members and work with them remotely or face to face
- Proven ability to communicate openly and effectively
- Self-starter who can deliver well as part of a team
- Ability to efficiently manage time
- Experience with Jenkins is a big plus, but not required
- Experience with Git Lab is a plus
- Experience testing Ruby on Rails applications is a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or relevant experience.
- 5 + years QA experience performing validation testing in multi-tiered web-based environments