This role supports the company’s strategic ambition to be industry leading in omnichannel and grow our Global eCommerce business by providing critical in-house expertise on building class leading UI experiences on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform. This role will be responsible for supporting our global initiatives in developing, updating, maintaining and the continued evolution of our expanding eCommerce global footprint. It will provide the internal team and system integrator partners with leadership around company solutions as well as industry best practice within both Salesforce Commerce Cloud & integrations with supporting applications (such as CMS, PIM, DAM, CRM, CDNs, ERP, Web Analytics, Tag Management, OMS, Payment Gateways, Fraud Management etc.).
The role is based in Baltimore and will sit within a globally distributed team of highly experienced developers, architects and QA testing specialists. It will serve as the primary connection point between product management and development teams within for the design and architecture of eCommerce platform solutions. Duties will be a combination of hands-on solution design, rapid prototyping, working with the product team to architect appropriate solutions for a business needs / roadmap items, review and oversight of solutions proposed as well as hands-on coding where architect-level expertise is required/relevant. It will require demonstrated experience in developing and deploying complex front-end experiences and technical solutions for industry leaders and expertise in the design, development and configuration of systems to drive company growth and technical innovation. The UI Architect will be called on to provide leadership and motivation to the development team for complex projects & problem resolution. It will require strong communication skills to clearly explain both solutions and compromises/trade-offs, allowing appropriate decisions to be made. The ability to rapidly understand business requirements & objectives, determine system requirements and resolve technical issues to cross-collaborate and increase profits will be critical to the success of this role.
- Work in a Global team to design and develop enterprise-level end-to-end eCommerce Solutions.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving e2e eCommerce UI architecture, front end build processes, and managing the solutions delivered by a growing team of web developers.
- Review and suggest proposed solutions during early stages of process and provide details of trade-offs to decision makers collaboratively. New architecture technologies / components assessment, review and sign-off.
- Research, architect, rapid prototype and develop innovative digital solutions to engineer highly responsive and engaging mobile first websites and progressive web apps.
- Work with, and support internal teams, product management, UX, and technical resources on requirements gathering, issue logging and tracking, and ongoing development and maintenance of the eCommerce websites.
- Actively participate in daily, weekly & sprint-related team meetings and brainstorming activities related to the project issues, collaborate with development and involvement in QA/testing and launching of e2e implementations.
- This role encompasses the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight timeframes and a strong voice in timeline development, influencing the roadmap as relevant.
- 7-10+ years of hands on experience in a web development environment and recent SFCC experience (formerly Demandware) is a must
- Strong understanding of the full eCommerce technology ecosystem including Digital Content, CMS, PIM, DAM, Payment, Tag Management, Web Analytics, ERP, CRM, OMS, WMS, Fraud Management and more
- Deep knowledge of development for mobile responsive, adaptive and PWA driven websites
- You have proven experience in working and integrating with APIs and 3rd Party system integrations (SOAP/REST) to payment, OMS, CRM, CMS or other marketing channel integrations
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (Git strategies, Unit Tests, build processes, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of IT Methodologies and Software Development Lifecycle for information systems development, testing principles, project methodologies and practices
- Expert in iterative agile development methodologies
- Licenses, Certifications, etc.: SFCC Developer & Solutions Architect certification