This role will focus on web products. The candidate must be capable of developing the test strategy, test plans and test scripts and execute them to ensure systems meet expected business requirements.
Testing levels will include application functional, system, regression and acceptance testing.
The position requires working closely with a multi-disciplinary development group and other QA team members.
- Ensure adherence to IT project management methodologies; plan testing execution projects and adhere to SDLC processes and procedures
- Perform back-end, functional, regression, cross browsers testing and mobile testing
- Provide test status and execution results to the QA group lead and other project team members
- Proactively troubleshoot issues with business analyst, development and other team members to replicate/identify, and resolve issues
- Log detailed and accurate defect reports and follow the defects through to resolution and closure
- Attend daily scrum, backlog grooming and retrospective meetings
- Serve as a resource to the QA team in the resolution of complex business or technical issues
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or relevant experience.
- 5 + years QA experience performing validation testing in multi-tiered web-based environments
- 7 + years experience, all aspects of QA in Agile, waterfall and hybrid methodology
- Advanced level SQL skills (ability to write complex queries)
- ETL (Informatica) is preferable, but not required
- Proven ability to formulate and execute test cases (positive and negative scenarios, edge cases)
- Advanced proficiency in establishing/documenting/executing test strategies/plans/cases from business and functional requirements
- Experience using bug tracking systems for specifying test requirements, planning tests, running tests and tracking defects
- Experience working with test management tools, such as Test Rail, Quality Center or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- JIRA and JIRA Confluence
- Experience with cucumber, Jenkins, Git Lab, testing Ruby on Rails applications