The right person for this role has strong analytical and problem solving skills, coupled with experience working with a variety of data. Our client is looking for someone who is inherently curious about data and especially how business processes impact systems and data.
- Design and develop a strategy that will implement data science methodologies - including predictive modeling and machine learning, data analytics and visualization, usability and design
- Develop machine learning models and deep-dive analyses to solve problems and make actionable recommendations. Leverage big data to empower business decisions and deliver data-driven insights, metrics, and tools in order to resolve business problems and drive change
- Develop strategies that foster a better understanding of the firm's data. This could include data discovery, profiling, assessing data quality, tracing lineage, investigating any questions and issues relating to the data, etc.
- Conduct requirements gathering with stakeholders in order to fully understand their data-related needs.
- Anticipate business needs and leverage your own expertise to also identify potentially hidden requirements
- Partner with business stakeholders to develop advanced and customized visualization elements – such as dashboards and visual reports – that deliver data insights in easily consumable ways
- Build and test data models for quality control, probabilistic forecasting, and general standardized analytics
- Research and investigate data-related issues. Develop a deep understanding of the relationship between business process and the underlying data
- Document and share learnings about data with all stakeholders. Participate in and support data governance activities
- Help end-users find, access, and effectively leverage data needed for analysis and reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Data Science, or a related field
5+ years of experience working as a Data Scientist. Experience in rapidly-growing companies and client-facing experience is a huge plus
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills, with proven ability to deliver actionable insights that drive decisions and return on investment
- Strong skills in database modeling, database querying, and business intelligence platforms
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences is a must
- Knowledge of cloud based computing - such as Looker, Snowflake, Informatica, or Salesforce - is a plus