The Application Architect is a technical expert responsible for driving architecture, design and development for our client's business intelligence and SAAS applications. This role will work directly with solution architects, cross-functional stakeholders and development team members to define, design and deliver the technical solutions that will support the business’s vision, strategy and goals.
- Review current architecture of all solutions and propose ways to optimize, enhance, and scale.
- Communicate across multiple teams to showcase new features and functionalities
- Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at project level
- Conduct and lead technical design session
- Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities
- Participate in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction
- Design, architect, and implement the technical solutions required to build a state of the art business intelligence platform using the latest technologies.
- Work with technology teams to design, prototype and prove the viability of solutions. Implement complex solutions as needed.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices.
- Develop technical solutions that will solve business problems. Drive solutions to completion.
- Provide thought leadership and direction to the Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse team to ensure solutions meet corporate and departmental objectives.
- Develop and build strong relationships across the business to effectively influence and accomplish strategic application architecture objectives.
- Assist on-shore and off-shore teams with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems and/or programming knowledge. Mentor and develop new or less experienced team members.
- Provide technical training to external team members to foster stronger cross-departmental relations.
- Provides thought leadership in technology direction, technical services, vendor partnership and industry standards adoption.
- Vast Experience building API architectures used by internal and external solutions, including:
- microservice strategy, design and development
- api management services (apigee)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to take leadership role in projects that span multiple teams, ability to deliver on time working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Continued hands on development. This is a Plan and Build position.
- Must be comfortable in a fast pace, changing environment
- Has strong presentation and collaboration skills and can clearly articulate all aspects of the job requirements, including the creation of formal documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience
- AWS, Big Data, .NET, API, SAAS, and Web Frameworks
- Enterprise architecture