Our client is actively seeking a technical lead who has strong experience developing accessible websites and is a passionate advocate of web accessibility. This person will provide guidance to internal product, web design, web development, QA teams and business teams on how to implement accessible code and practices on the firm's digital properties.
- Recommend potential solutions and best practices for site/app remediation.
- Possess deep knowledge of various accessibility tools
- Own and drive the end-to-end toolset evaluation, determination, vetting, approval, onboarding, integration into CI/CD pipeline, and roll out to web and IT teams across the company.
- Participate in PI planning, weekly sprint or standup meetings as the WCAG subject matter technical expert
- Write detailed findings to document identified issues and recommend potential techniques and best practices for remediation of accessibility violations
- Assist with web and mobile accessibility and user testing of digital products
- Develop and deliver high quality outreach and training sessions about how to develop accessible websites
- Provide guidance on how to read and interpret accessibility audit reports
- Deep knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Levels A, AA, and AAA
- Demonstrated knowledge of disability, accommodation, and accessibility and the relationships between them and the ability to translate to a wide and diverse audience
- Potential to create and administer various empathy building events such as empathy labs, GAAD (Global Accessibility Awareness Day), etc.
- Experience in remediating accessibility issues in websites and applications on all devices and file formats
- Familiarity with disability law, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Titles I, II, and III and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act;
- Demonstrated knowledge of assistive technologies, including screen reader software (VoiceOver, Talkback, NVDA)
- Demonstrated knowledge of some combination of other common accessibility testing tools
- Knowledge of color theory, typography
- Cross-Browser Development/Testing; Cross-Platform Testing; Cross-Device Testing
- Working knowledge of React and other frameworks
- Prior experience coding/developing/designing websites for accessibility highly preferred
- Proven work experience as a team lead or supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or similar
- Strong understanding of web development and design constraints
- IAPP WAS, CPACC and CPWA Certification a significant plus
- Expert level knowledge of WCAG 2.1 A, AA, AAA Success Criteria
- Strong Drupal and PHP skills
- Experience with Agile/Safe
- Strong knowledge of responsive front-end
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles, concepts, methods, and techniques of universal design standards
- Must be self-directed, confident, be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have solid presentation skills
- ~5% Travel – Occasional travel to/from the NYC area to NY, NJ and PA offices
- Minimum 2-3 days in office, the remainder work from home possible