Reporting to the VP of Infrastructureand Support, the Technical Writer is responsible for developing and maintaining a wide range of documentation with a focus on internal help guides and support systems. Documents must communicate technical complexities in a manner to be understood by non-technical end users. Direct interaction with other product management staff and product development staff is required to understand and create documentation.
- Gather requirements / processes from subject matter experts for documentations purposes
- Document system flows, interfaces, use cases, and business rules
- Create Visio flow diagrams to bridge the GAP between different systems by linking them through the process flow
- Develop a strong understanding of internal technologies and systems.
- Plan, launch, and manage documentation projects involving multiple subject-matter experts.
- Work with engineering teams to identify customers, stakeholders, personas, and use cases.
- Design information architecture plans for engineering documentation.
- Create architecture guides, tutorials, and reference documentation for engineers.
- Develop tooling and/or other resources to help engineers become more effective writers and communicators
- Create workflows to improve effectiveness of internal technical documentation
- Create, test, modify and improve sample code
- 3+ years of Technical Writing experience creating documentation for software developers
- Experience mapping processes using Visio or similar tools
- Highly organized, solid problem solving and time management skills, strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to drive engineers and engineering managers to the successful completion of a project
- Familiarity with one or more markup languages (e.g., Markdown, reStructuredText, Asciidoc, HTML)
- Familiarity with basic software engineering concepts
- Ability to read and understand code at a high level
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Office/Suite proficient (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.)
- Experience developing software
- Project management experience
- Experience writing and maintaining documentation for an internal audience
- Basic familiarity with programming languages, tools, and software development workflows (e.g., Python, Java, Git, Bash)
- Knowledge of or experience documenting APIs, frameworks, libraries, tools, systems, and workflows in domains such as web, mobile, distributed systems, data science, machine learning, and devops