This individual will provide engineering support as well as operational support of our client's Production, UAT, and Test environments.
- Represent the Database team in all dialogue and decisions around the architecture, deployment, and/or management of database environments.
- Take a role in the definition of operational best practices and automation of operational tasks.
- Present subject-matter expertise on the SQL Server platform with real world experience performing field operations support.
- 10+ years of SQL Server DBA experience
- Strong experience with SQL Server Clustering, Mirroring, Log Shipping
- Experience with SQL coding and tuning
- Must be hands-on, technically adept DBA, capable of performing required DB tasks
- Deep knowledge with SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016 databases
- Strong troubleshooting/performance tuning skills required, able to improve SQL performance.
- Ability to implement automation to reduce manual administrative tasks through use of jobs, shell scripts, PL/SQL, cron, etc.
- Expert level of SQL Server RDBMS installation/configuration, patching, troubleshooting, performance tracking/tuning, back-up recovery, remote monitoring skills with hands-on experience in large and very dynamic environments
- Experience in:
- SQL/TSQL and/or PL/SQL
- Working controlled environment, change control, and validated systems
- Foglight and OEM is a plus
- Oracle RDBMS is a plus
- Strong commitment to following SDLC/Change Management principles
- Self-starter and be able to perform work with minimal supervisory direction
- Knowledge of data quality, data management and data testing strategies and practices
- Strong oral and written skills
- Able to communicate efficiently to technical and non-technical audiences
- Anticipate and handle critical situations
- Ability to thrive in change. Fast, flexible, cooperative work style
Must be willing to work flexible hours.