This role manages the Mainframe Network team by overseeing the technical quality of projects and ensuring that key technical procedures, standards, quality control mechanisms, and tools are properly utilized including performing root cause analyses for technical problems and engaging in work product quality review.
- Support the direction and strategy for the Mainframe Network.
- Manage team priorities and assign work to team members.
- Promote the professional development of team personnel.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement-related initiatives to minimize unfavorable variances.
- Maintain constructive relationships within and outside the team.
- Scope level of effort and duration with high accuracy, even when given limited available information.
- Provides regular updates of team achievements, including project status and completion ETA, weekend changes planned, and any risk or issues.
- Ensure on-time delivery of work including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, tracking of progress, and monitoring of project milestone accomplishments.
- Manages team work budgets.
- Actively participate in the Change Control process by identifying potential scope variances by monitoring work requirements definition, issue resolution, development progress and user sign-off and reviewing change requests.
- Mitigate risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- 7+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- Design and configure a mainframe network to provide 24/7 availability to the firm's clients
- Work closely with the Client, CICS, DB2, and z/OS teams for day to day support of the systems
- Install, customize, and Support VTAM, TCP/IP, and network monitoring software
- Configure OSA adapters for support of IP as well as Hypersockets
- Plan network recovery and participate in disaster testing exercises.