The Infrastructure Engineer will play an important role in the growth of our client's technology infrastructure team with responsibilities centered around the continuous enhancement and ongoing maintenance of (predominantly cloud-based) systems infrastructure, including servers, network, end-user computing, and IT security. He/she will report to the Director of IT Infrastructure and work with the team, and in particular, its portfolio companies, contractors and third-party vendors.
- Deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and support of all managed IT infrastructure systems based on the roadmap, including AD, telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and office automation equipment.
- Configuration and management support of Cisco Meraki-based network hardware in 60+ locations
- Administration and maintenance of the MS Office 365 product suite to fully leverage current and future investments
- Asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment (CMDB experience a plus)
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Provide assistance with various infrastructure assessment, remediation and implementation services to portfolio companies as needed
- Keep up to date on IT infrastructure trends and evaluate their usefulness for the company making recommendations where applicable.
- Evaluate, build and maintain strong working relationships with supplementary IT Service Providers, providing oversight as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in supporting corporate IT Infrastructure
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment and resolve unplanned incidents quickly.
- Strong customer service and relationship management focus
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive; requires little supervisory attention
- Experience implementing and maintaining a company’s systems infrastructure leveraging the cloud, wherever possible.
- Strong hands-on experience configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining a company’s network infrastructure (end-user computers & mobile devices, routers, switches, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, VLAN) and servers (Microsoft server, VMware, HyperV, etc).
- Hands-on experience managing Cisco Meraki Networks Preferred
- Working knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, LDAP,Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity/DR, etc
- Experience configuring and maintaining Active Directory (OUs, Security Groups, GPOs, etc) and AzureAD
- Hands-on experience in setting-up and managing O365 environments (SharePoint, Exchange Online, OneDrive, Azure AD, etc.)
- Working knowledge of common IaaS public cloud service offerings (preferably Microsoft azure)
- Familiarity with MDM/Mobile Device Management Solutions (inTune or similar) desired
- Familiarity with modern Remote Monitoring and Management Tools such as Kaseya, Solarwinds or Similar
- Experience with ticketing systems and end-user support
- Good knowledge of infrastructure security, including endpoint & perimeter protection, intrusion detection & prevention, including firewalls, web-filtering, malware protection and device encryption
- Experience with voice technologies (VoIP) and Video Conferencing technologies is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with IAM Federation/Sync and SSO a plus (preferably with Azure AD and/or SAML)
- Some experience with PowerShell and/or other command-line scripting tools a plus
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors or contractors to execute projects strongly preferred