Our client is seeking an IT Voice Network Engineer who will be responsible for developing and driving a firm wide UC phone strategy and road map. The successful candidate will collaborate with Network Engineers to recommend optimal provider/circuits and lead the VoIP migration efforts.
- Conduct in-depth business reviews to identify opportunities that drive efficiencies and grow the business.
- Review circuits’ data and voice, phone numbers, phone/PBX inventory, UC phone/infrastructure investory, and create an official document.
- Create and follow through on circuit/phone disconnect process.
- Review and manage telecom and data contracts.
- Invoice review and initial signoff to be processed with Manager, Technical Admin/AP.
- Identify and improve data connectivity (MPLS) with providers.
- Assess need of data communications between locations.
- Responsible for all VOIP connectivity.
- Develop annual business plans and prepare regular carrier business reviews.
- Serve as liaison with other business unit leaders to communicate carrier site changes and enhancements to carrier partners.
- Develop solutions that leverage the firm’s volumes, systems and partnerships while providing consistently high levels of customer service in a cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate transportation system changes.
- Provide data and recommendations on product tracking, route analysis, rerouting, costing and usage alternatives.
- Update the procedural, monitoring and standard documentation, maintain and report on the critical KPI s that measure carrier performance across the network.
- Cross train other team members.
- Perform other duties as requested
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in field of study related.
- 8-10 years’ experience required with 5+ years of supply chain working with carriers
- Technology Experience
- Data Connectivity
- Service Provider Management