Our client seeks an Information Technology Manager with five to eight years of law firm experience involving network administration and supervision of an IT team. The IT manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of a the IT department and over 175 users including the strategic and operational management of the office’s information and technology systems. The candidate must possess knowledge of law firm applications.
- Lead project manager and technical expertise professional for the office.
- Primarily responsible for resource management and administrative functions for hardware, software, vendor services, A/V, hosted solutions, telecomm, etc.
- Manage and coordinate staff and resources onsite. Direct IT staff through training/coaching, managing and prioritizing workloads and constructive feedback of performance.
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the firm to develop solutions for the IT needs of the office.
- Lead the strategic planning and conduct escalated support for the practice groups.
- Assess and recommend technical strategies for firm-wide deployment as well as office specific requirements.
- Support IT infrastructure; monitor performance of IT systems to determine cost and productivity levels and make recommendations for improving systems.
- Investigate and resolve basic to complex software and desktops issues, ranging from printing issues to complex application integration issues.
- Test and evaluate new software and hardware.
- Troubleshoot basic hardware issues for PC’s / laptops / printers, as they relate to desktop and application support.
- Maintain inventory of all technology assets deployed in the office.
- Work with other IT groups, developers (internal and external), and vendors to resolve issues and enhance application capabilities, maximizing stability and usability of the firm’s systems.
- Provide technical support for the firm disaster recovery site. Oversee annual Disaster Recovery (Business Continuity) testing.
- Enforce firm-wide policy and procedures.
- Working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems and phone systems.
- Ability to install and administer network applications and functionality packages.
- Experience with network protocols.
- NetDocs a plus.
- Knowledge of SAS, R or Python platforms a plus.
- Law firm experience required