Our client is seeking a User Experience Lead who will drive initiatives that make the firm's solutions useful, usable and desirable for people. This role works across various lifecycle stages, from initial definition to continuous enhancement, as we integrate user-centered design into the work of multi-disciplinary teams and a broad range of client engagements. This is both hands-on in production and direction guiding UX strategy, research, and design. As a senior member of the team, you will provide thought leadership in our UX consulting practice and be an integral part of guiding a small team of skilled Senior UX Designers.
- Produce standardized, effective design deliverables to articulate user research insights, design concepts and final deliverables
- Strive for maximum usability and user engagement for the end-to-end experience by implementing best-of-practice design solutions and leveraging industry standards
- Partner with members of the User Experience leadership team comprised of designers, and researchers to nurture a design thinking culture and grow a best-in-class UX practice that’s recognized inside and outside of the firm
- Partner and collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams throughout all stages of the user-centered design process including documentation of user types, scenarios and tasks, as well as conceptual models and process flows, wireframes and mock-ups and other related design artifacts
- Support the planning of qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Participate in testing, analysis and synthesis of research and communicate findings back to clients, project teams and colleagues as appropriate.
- User research may include ethnographic studies, user interviews, usability testing, card-sorting, and heuristic reviews.
- 4 year design degree from a non-profit university
- 8+ years experience in an enterprise or high-tech setting enabling and delivering complex high-volume, high profile applications, portals, mobile applications, interactive dashboards, data visualization and information graphics
- Pharma/Life science background gets priority
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with experience guiding design decisions and obtaining consensus on project requirements and deliverables with all levels of management
- Well versed and fluent in the user-centered design (UCD) process; applying it to the design of complex, transactional systems
- Strongly developed business sensibility and the ability to deeply and quickly understand varying business needs holistically.
- Demonstrated experience in healthcare project and program management, including scope definition, deadlines and stakeholder management
- Proven experience and comprehension of mobile design best of practices
- Understanding of user research techniques such as contextual inquiry, user interviews and usability testing,
- Excellent understanding of common information architecture principles, metadata models, and their associated development techniques; knowledge of healthcare-related taxonomies and ontologies preferred
- Functional understanding of enterprise software is required as well as being adept at collaborating with technical teams to reach feasible solutions in portals, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, content management systems, collaboration technologies, and business intelligence to support Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, and other operational functions
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work effectively on several projects simultaneously in a matrixed and fast paced environment with a tenacity to overcome ambiguity
- Robust and diverse portfolio featuring user-centered design work
- Ability to travel to client locations (10-25%) to work with teams and provide in-person expertise