Career Techniques Inc.
In addition to the technical skills outlined below, our client is looking for a team-oriented Data Architect who is passionate about building and maintaining a positive team culture. You should be a strong communicator and collaborator who is able to effectively understand the semantics of travel data and its implications to data modelling.
On top of software development engineer activities (user requirements definition, technical solution design and coding, testing, software solutions debugging...) the architect :
- Responsible for software architecture throughout the lifecycle development taking into consideration system constraints and enterprise architecture strategic directions
- Directs and coordinates software architecture studies for their functional area
- Identifies modelling, simulation and prototyping opportunities
- Provides knowledge on state-of-the art software architecture, taking future developments into account
- Articulates the design to the development teams
- Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools
- Contributes to the architect community, educates, studies options, and recommends evolutions
- Proficient in technical knowledge to ensure team performs at a high level. Is recognized as a leader in own area and may formally train Specialists/Senior Specialists.
- Understands how main business drivers may impact on own area. Can assess complex problems with broad impact on the activity, improve processes, recommend solutions and risk mitigation plans. Able to communicate complex information.
- Works with a high level of autonomy, based on management directions. Leads projects or contributes to broad cross-functional projects. May contribute to planning of resources and budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related discipline.
- 7+ years of professional IT experience
- 3+ years of architecture experience in a complex data-centric ecosystem.
- Strong understanding of data storage technology on the Azure platform. You must have strong hands-on experience with common data architectural patterns and event-driven architectures. You should also have experience with reverse engineering data schemas, analyzing performance of database systems, and performance tuning.
- Specific Technologies
- RDBMS, NoSQL, Kafka
- Enterprise Data Warehouses
- Data processing/transformation platforms