The Director of Data Management will be responsible for overseeing our data management processes, leading our comprehensive data governance program, and driving the successful launch of a self-service analytics program. This critical role will focus on enhancing the quality and value of our client data while optimizing operational efficiencies. The Director will lead and govern the organization’s efforts in enhancing our data capabilities, ensuring data quality, and empowering data-driven decision making. This position will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams consisting of business, functional and technology leadership to effectively measure, improve, and communicate the value of our data assets. Additionally, the Director of Data Management will develop, implement and continually improve data management and governance policies, processes and practices to align with the organization’s goals and objectives.
Effective performance of the essential functions of this position requires regular in-person, on-site interaction with colleagues, both for purposes of relationship building and meaningful collaboration.
Develop, document and implement strategies, policies, processes and procedures related to data management, data governance, and operations, to ensure efficient and effective data handling and utilization across the organization.
- Lead and manage the data governance program, including establishing or improving data governance frameworks, data policies, data stewardship processes, and data access controls for self-service analytics.
- Lead and mentor a team of data management and operations professionals, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of operational & data processes and capabilities, identifying areas for enhancement.
- Drive the launch of a self-service analytics program with governance, enabling business users to access and analyze data while maintaining data integrity and security.
- Maintain and monitor data quality, driving initiatives to address any issues or gaps.
- Participate in business analysis efforts to identify requirements, gather insights, and propose data & operational solutions to address business needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and execute solutions that align with business objectives, ensuring seamless integration of technology and operational processes.
- Establish key performance indicators and measurable outcomes to demonstrate the continuous improvement of data quality, operational efficiency, and data-driven decision making capabilities.
- Serve as the primary point of escalation for data-related issues and initiatives, working collaboratively to resolve challenges and promote a culture of data excellence throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels to understand their data needs and deliver data-driven insights and reporting capabilities.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in data management, data governance, and operations support, and proactively recommend new approaches to drive operational excellence.
- Partner with IT teams to drive the maturation and adoption of data tools and technologies, ensuring they align with business needs and priorities.
- Provide input and support for resource management, including workforce planning, talent acquisition, and skill development.
- Collaborate both within and outside of the Data Management and Data Governance teams to drive organizational transformation and facilitate the adoption of data standards and best practices.
- Proven experience in data management, data governance, business analysis, policy & procedure documentation, operational workflows, and self-service analytics.
- Strong knowledge of data management practices, data quality standards, data governance frameworks, data stewardship processes, and analytics/business intelligence.
- Proficient in identifying key areas for enhancing operational efficiencies and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Familiarity with data tools, technologies, reporting systems and analytics platforms.
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and multiple levels of leadership, including conflict resolution capabilities.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail.
- Proven ability to deliver results with minimal direction while also recognizing when to seek guidance or assistance when facing complex challenges.
- Exhibits agility and adeptness in managing multiple simultaneous tasks with competing priorities, embracing change and adapting to shifting priorities effectively.
Education and/or Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in managing and governing client data, implementing data quality improvement initiatives, analyzing data, and/or architecting data solutions, including ensuring systems and technology are properly aligned to support business needs.
- Previous Supervisory experience required.
- Experience in benefits industry is preferred.
- Professional certifications in data management, data governance, business analysis, or related fields are a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Data Management, Business Administration, Information Systems, Information Management, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related fields preferred.
Hybrid (two days working from home, three days working in a standard office environment). Employees must maintain a professional, compassionate, and trustworthy work environment always. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable someone with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job within this environment.
- Travel conditions may vary
- Salary range: $135,000 - $155,000