This position will lead the E-commerce department in all daily operations, ensure that all industry trends and best practices related to E-commerce/On-line Shopping are maintained, and be responsible for the E-commerce initiatives needed to effectively support the company’s broad merchandising, marketing and branding strategies needed to grow all of the company’s multi-channels including “on-line”, “catalog”, “phone” and “in-store” sales.
- Overseeing, managing and leading the execution of all E-commerce and on-line shopping systems, operations and marketing.
- Staffing, training, and managing organization to operate with consistent effectiveness, efficiency and high morale.
- Sourcing, overseeing and managing needed outside E-commerce service providers and consultants to operate effectively..
- Working collaboratively with Merchandising, Marketing, Sales, Distribution, Inventory, Information Systems & Technology, and Accounting departments to develop and execute strategies needed for E-commerce to support and help grow all of the company’s sales channels.
- Keeping the firm's E-commerce operations abreast of emerging industry trends and best practices, including online shopping, ordering, sales, marketing, site navigation, content development, checkout funnels, and promotional techniques and campaigns to drive profitable sales growth, including paid advertising via “Ad Words”, “Google Shopping”, “Facebook Advertising”, and other available E-Commerce advertising opportunities.
- Delivering superior product “Brand Identification” and a superior customer “Shopping Experience” via E-commerce as needed to support and grow all of the firm's “online”, “phone” and “in-store” sales channels.
- Ensuring quality ongoing integration of all E-commerce systems and operations as needed to provide superior helpful customer support including website platforms, order management and fulfillment, customer service, payment methods, and marketing in collaboration with the company’s Sales Departments.
- Presenting all the firm's products on-line, in E-mail campaigns, and all other promotions as defined by the Merchandise Department, incorporating E-commerce best practice and methods.
- Maintaining the firm's brand and quality on its E-commerce website, its emails and all other electronic marketing efforts in collaboration with the Marketing and Merchandising departments.
- Promoting and ensuring the firm's personalized, trusted, helpful customer service, advice and product fulfillment in collaborations with the Sales organization.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance of the site and E-commerce operations from a legal, regulatory, tax, and accounting perspective.
- Developing and obtaining the firm's senior management approval of the E-commerce Department’s operating budget and managing the resulting P&L.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to develop a strong organization and lead its people to maximize the departments impact, its functional results and its morale both within the department and throughout the organization.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams to operationalize and obtain maximize impact of new products and feature launches to the entire organization.
- Ability to utilize extensive knowledge of current and emerging E-commerce technologies and best practices to insure strong, consistent E-commerce operations and maximize sales results in both its web and multi-channel sales.
- Experience in using E-commerce analytical tools (Google Analytics, Bing Webmaster Tools, etc.) to derive insights and make data driven decisions.
- Strong experience with systems integration (Experience with “Microsoft Dynamics”, “Microsoft 365” and “Magento” strongly preferred).
- Experience in converting existing E-commerce systems and platforms to new systems and platforms.
- Proven analytical and project management skills along with strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Budgeting and E-commerce financial management skills and experience.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Marketing or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in managing an E-commerce mass merchandise sales business.