The Information Security team is responsible for the oversight and execution of the Enterprise’s Information Security, Business Continuity and Risk Management programs to support our business goals. This includes, but is not limited to security operations, vulnerability and patch management,
incident response, disaster recovery, business continuity, risk identification and mitigation planning / implementation, identity management, network security, privacy, and compliance.
This position has significant organizational impact, requiring deep technical expertise, Enterprise perspective, and change management skills.
- Design and implement multi-cloud + data center security architecture.
- Develop, execute and measure the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
- Oversee and directly participate in the installation, configuration, and management of information security technologies
- Manages information security projects as assigned
- Manage security tooling in the domains of network security, identity and access management, continuous monitoring, vulnerability and cloud security posture management, asset management, and other cybersecurity tooling / solutions
- Develop automations that drive security remediations and outcomes
- Conduct regular technical risk assessments of systems and infrastructure
- Work with developers to implement DevSecOps solutions and design and implement a security focused SDLC
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware
- Identify, define and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to management.
- Keep current on industry trends and the direction our competitors are heading with respect to business capabilities and technology.
- Perform research, formal evaluation and prototyping of leading/emerging technologies without oversite
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in an Infrastructure or Security Engineering role
- Experience with software and security architectures in cloud and data center environments
- Experience building and securing Kubernetes environments
- Networking technology proficiency (firewall configuration and maintenance, DNS, traffic analysis)
- Microsoft 365 (E5) and Azure background, including experience architecting security across multi-tenant environments
- Technical skills to design and implement M365 Security services with hands on experience on several of the items outlined below:
- Authentication Methods (sign-on security, multi-factor authentication (MFA), self-service password reset)
- Microsoft Entra ID
- Defender for O365 (Anti-phishing protection, anti-spoofing, anti-spam protection, Safe-Attachments, Safe Links, anti-malware solution)
- Azure Information Protection (Azure Rights Management, DLP, Sensitivity Labels)
- Azure Arc to integrate data center resources into cloud management
- Defender for Cloud (Plan implementation and configuration)
- Data governance and retention (Retention policies, data governance reports and dashboards, Information holds, import data in the Security and Compliance Center, manage inactive mailboxes)
- Data privacy regulation compliance (Regulatory compliance in Microsoft 365, review and interpret GDPR dashboards and reports, Compliance Manager reports)
- Microsoft Intune and Attack Surface Reduction rules
- Azure Lighthouse
- Experience in applying security to cloud technologies (managing secrets, Securing CI/CD pipelines, Infrastructure as Code, Container Security)
- Experience in implementing enterprise-wide vulnerability management solutions, including container-based vulnerability management.
- Possession of or ability to obtain professional certifications in information security or risk management, such as a CISSP, CISM, or Microsoft / Azure Security Certifications
- Strong knowledge of security, regulatory, and control frameworks, such as ISO270001, HIPAA, GDPR, NIST, and CIS.
- Self-starter who demonstrates strong ownership of their domain
- Interpersonal and collaborative skills and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters.
- Natural passion for security and strong drive to see both projects and investigations to completion.