Our client is currently seeking a Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure/Automation Engineer to become a member of their Infrastructure Team in NYC or Dallas, TX. The ideal candidate should have broad knowledge and experience in IT infrastructure, networking and security best practices (ideally within a Microsoft 365 and Azure Context) with a tilt towards using DevOps techniques to automate corresponding processes, procedures, and configuration management.
- Deploy highly available, scalable and secure multi-tenant cloud infrastructure with a focus on the
- Microsoft 365 and Azure ecosystem of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS solutions
- Define & implement migration methodologies / techniques to migrate workloads into the cloud in a consistent and repeatable manner.
- Design and Implement automated systems and CI/CD pipelines for managing and deploying infrastructure as code
- Architect and implement processes and procedures to standardize and enforce configuration state consistency across a growing portfolio of different
- 365/Azure tenants, subscriptions, and/or resource groups
- Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of our evolving IT Security and BCP/DR programs
- Automate routine systems tasks and processes using PowerShell, LogicApps or similar
- Build and maintain “playbooks” and other supporting documentation on all of the above
- Proficiency in Windows Systems Administration; some Linux experience a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365 E5 administration preferred (ex: AzureAD Premium, InTune, Defender ATP, MCAS, Security Center, Exchange, Teams, Sharepoint, etc)
- Familiarity with multi-tenant/multi-company systems management a huge plus!
- Scripting proficiency with PowerShell or similar
- Strong understanding of modern IAM/SSO solutions (AzureAD, SAML, OAuth, etc)
- Azure DevOps, Git, CI/CD Pipelines, etc.
- Experience with Infrastructure Automation tools such as Terraform, ARM Templates, YAML, JSON, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Broad familiarity with the Azure Service Catalog:
- AzureAD/IAM, tenants vs. subscriptions vs. Resource Groups, Virtual Machines (VMs), Virtual Networks (VNets), Network Security Groups (NSGs), Azure Storage Accounts and PaaS Services (blob, Azure Files, Azure NetApp Services, etc), VDI, Azure Load balancers, Scale Sets, App Registrations, Azure App Proxies, SQL Databases (IaaS & PaaS), Key Vaults, Container Registries, LogicApps, Azure Monitor, Log Analytics, Sentinel (SEIM), etc.
- Experience Architecting and Implementing BCP/DR and High Availability Solutions in Azure: Azure Backup, Infra Redundancy/Replication (local and geo-redundancy options), Azure Site Recovery, Recovery Services Vault, etc.
- Container Concepts: Docker, Kubernetes and AKS
- Experience with database infrastructure administration using SQL Server, Snowflake or similar
- Solid understanding of network administration concepts (switching, routing, CIDR subnetting, VLANs, VPN, firewalls, WAN connectivity, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Familiarity with encryption concepts and types (transit vs. rest, TLS, BitLocker, IPSec, E2EE, etc,)
Familiarity with MS Azure Information Protection (AIP), DLP, and/or IRM a plus.
- 4+ years’ experience in Cloud Infrastructure
- 2+ years’ experience working directly with M365 and Azure Cloud Administration
- 2+ years’ in DevOps
- Thorough understanding of Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- A collaborative team player who is also comfortable being an individual contributor
- Thrives in a fast-paced continuously growing environment
- Adaptable, innovative and stays current in Cloud and DevOps technologies
- Familiarity with Azure Lighthouse, Microsoft Partner Center and/or CSP structures a plus