This is Contract to Hire remote position for candidates in the US ET time zone.
Convert the product strategy and strategic initiatives into well-developed plans and objectives to be tackled over different time frames. Lead product-focused initiatives which modernize the Channel Distribution platforms. This role will be responsible for the success of large cross-functional initiatives. Serves as the point person to ensure stakeholders and accountable organizations build plans, identify resourcing needs, and define paths to success. Partners with Development, Customer Care (including systems support), Business Analysts, UX, Sales, Go to Market, regional Technical Account Managers (TAMs), to create a clear-comprehensive migration needs. Reports into product leadership to build continuity with vision and strategy.
Management of Channel Distribution Product
- Creates an initiative structure for stakeholders including timelines, project plans, tasks, team responsibilities, and status reporting. Articulate migration plan to deliver outcomes as expected.
- Responsible for understanding the clear expectations for the project deliverable and ensure the team(s) understand the same. Communicate statuses on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with internal Channel Distribution subject matter experts to ensure problem solutions are customer-centric and build to broader product vision. Organize customer feedback loops to verify customer success.
Product Development – CRS/CD Product
Ensure the creation and completeness of business requirements for product development and drives adherence of the requirements through the product development process ensuring delivery in line with client and market commitments
- Facilitates the balance of business needs with technology assessments, and recommends alternative technical approaches to meet design requirements when needed
- Coordinates priorities given to products, projects and developments and secures deliveries to meet business targets.
- Partners with engineering to drive technical projects, setting scope, and ensuring effective prioritization of features & stories, managing daily progress, and defining acceptance criteria
- Runs regular leadership updates and build consensus in Enterprise Platform investment decision making
- Document and manage the creation of success measurement indicators of the new solutions and platforms. Examples: Systems performance measurements, cost savings, customer care improvements, etc.
Go to Market Enablement - Channel Distribution Product
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive value of delivered product capabilities including:
- Effective communication of new products/product changes and their associated customer, operational, system, & process impacts,
- Supporting organization-wide product training and enablement, contributing to the articulation of product value propositions, go to market strategy, pricing and impact to messaging for delivering products/services
Product Management Organization
- Collaborate to improve our product management process and lifecycle
- Collaborate in the continued innovation of our agile product development process
- Support in evangelizing product management process and lifecycle with key stakeholders across the organization
- Continue to build team-based culture. Support focus on quality to ensure plans anticipate complexities and systematically move through issues that arise. Establish systems leveraging tracking tools in place to ensure issues can be properly bucketed and prioritized.
- Bachelor's degree. Masters an asset.
- 5+ years’ experience in leading a project or technology initiatives, demonstrating proficiency related to travel industry, hospitality distribution, system connectivity, and product development experience
- Experience in agile software development working practices a plus Experience defining roadmaps for digital products Experience using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Rally, and other product and project management tools
- MS Office, Reporting tools
- Fluent in English, verbal and written