As part of the organization, the Manager Production Network Engineering position is responsible for the networks hosting the firm's products portfolio, generating revenue within four different on-premise Datacenter environments and connectivity to Public Cloud. The role requires innovativion and the ability to manage challenges positively in a changing environment and migrating from Datacenter on-prem environments to Microsoft Azure Cloud platform
- Manage the Network Engineering teams supporting the networks hosting the pre-production and production proprietary software environment 24/7/365, located in the US and in Bogota, Columbia.
- Report to the Director of Infrastructure and Network engineering and collaboratively work with the Technological Architecture, Site Reliability Engineering and Platform Engineering teams while maintaining the highest availability and performance of the existing networks.
- Hire and retain Network Engineering teams onshore and offshore
- Be responsible for the management of the periodic security audits, risk assessments, penetration and high availability testing across all datacenters.
- Ensure continual monitoring over all network systems, coordinate any required change and adjustment to keep the network operational and efficient.
- Manage the Network architecture technical debt and security risks in partnership with the Technological Architecture team .
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, specialization in Networking
- Networking Certifications
- 2+ years’ experience in a Manager network role at an enterprise level.
- 5+ years’ experience as a network engineer designing, implementing, managing and supporting multiple networks across on-premise and Public Cloud technologies and platforms in a 24/7/365 production context.
- 10+ years’ experience working with service provider and/or enterprise class routers, switches and firewalls as well as working with multiple routing protocols including BGP EIGRP, OSPF and HRSP.
- Experience working in high availability, heavy transactional environments
- Experience with information security and access management best practices
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6) as well as DNS and DHCP fundamentals.
- Microsoft office suit, Visio, MS project or other project planning tools, Windows and Linux Operating systems
- Strong network troubleshooting experience, logical and physical
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Excellent command of English, oral and written