The Project Manager will be part of the PMO team and responsible for management of various types of projects. The Project Manager will oversee the planning, implementation, tracking and closure of projects. Many projects will be IT-focused including systems implementations, upgrades and migrations with a focus on the Dynamics GP environment and modules. This role will report to the VP of PMO and work with the firm's team, its portfolio companies, contractors and third-party vendors where applicable.
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress; deliver projects within scope, on-time and within budget
- Coordinate all project resources including third-party vendors for flawless project execution; ensure resource availability and allocation
- Track project deliverables and milestones
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation (status reports, risk register, issue log, etc)
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time effectively and work on multiple projects in parallel
- Track and manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs with the ability to escalate issues.
- Develop project scope and objectives, involving project team and stakeholders ensuring technical feasibility
- Evaluate the outcome of the project as established during the planning phase
- Coordinate and prepare for status meetings, steering committee meetings, project review board meetings and project team meetings.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors or contractors where applicable
- Under general guidance of the PMO, follows organizational polices, procedures and PMO standards.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing policies, procedures and PMO standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering or related technical field
- 7+ years of technology project management experience; familiarity managing Software applications, Dynamics GP or ERP projects is a plus
- Excellent client-facing, relationship building, and internal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- General knowledge of software development (SDLC)
- Strong working knowledge of project management tools (Microsoft Project)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors or contractors to execute a project
- Active listening, influencing, dashboard and presentation skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment
- PMP or PRINCE2 certification strongly preferred
- Willingness to travel 20-25%