Career Techniques Inc.
- Participate in the design and development of new and existing backend services to improve scalability and performance according to our standards using Java, MySQL, Pub/Sub and other new technologies.
- Be able to lead features and/or small projects
- Be expected to produce design documentation for feature or small projects including software design diagrams
- High attention to Non-Functional requirements (NFRs) such as security, operability, testability and maintainability is a must in all deliverables
- Work with Solution & Architecture team or Senior Developers to understand high level requirements & refine the high-level solution designs.
- Be a role model for other developers by demonstrating proper coding practices and effective testing for deliverables.
- Be a coach and mentor for new and junior developers as they join the team
- Participate in Agile forums (Standups, Sprint planning, Grooming, Sprint demo, Sprint retrospective…)
- Always maintain Rally tickets up to date.
- Have excellent communication skills which enables you to clearly communicate analysis, plans, status, and obstacles in both verbal and written format
- Collaborate with peer organizations and teams, Quality Assurance, Dev Ops and support teams to ensure high quality and performance
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Support the production phase by debugging and fixing the application in response to defects opened by QA, L3, Operations Teams or Customers
- Participate in On-Call rotation after ramping up on systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Fluent in written and oral English
- 6+ years of experience as a Backend or Fullstack developer
- Swagger/OpenAPI, Git/BitBucket, Jenkins. Optional: SpringBoot, Gradle, Docker, K8s, Helm, Spinnaker
- Java, SQL. Optional: Python, Bash
- Experienced with Agile methodologies, Experience writing technical documentation
- Experience with cloud (GCP, Azure…), experience with queuing systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka...)
- Knowledge of travel industry and hospitality is a plus
- Experience of CRM products and/or email marketing products is a plus