Seeking a Senior Desktop Engineer who will be responsible for firm-wide applications, desktops, and the servers and utilities that support them. Various duties include Windows and application testing, configurations, troubleshooting, some development, and escalated support requests for physical and Citrix desktops. This position may also assist with Citrix desktop updates. The entire group has responsibility for SCCM packaging and imaging, Group Policy, and profile management through ProfileUnity. Administrative experience in these areas would be extremely helpful. Open to remote candidates located in NYC, New Jersey, Colorado, San Diego, Washington D.C., Boston, Dallas, Los Angeles
- Work with other members of the Application group and other groups to troubleshoot and resolve issues, roll out applications and updates, identify new technologies, and help set desktop and application priorities.
- Investigate and resolve basic to complex software and desktop issues. This can range from printing issues to issues with applications that have multiple desktop components, multiple server components, and are a hybrid with cloud based components.
- Ensuring the desktop and applications are highly available and functioning properly.
- Basic administrative work on servers, such as Domain Controllers or print servers will be necessary. Administration and or engineering working on application specific servers will also be necessary.
- Support the firm’s official document repositories, including configuration and access rights. This ranges from a hybrid DMS to network shares
- Understanding basic hardware (PC’s / laptops / printers) as it may relate to configurations or challenges with the desktop and applications.
- Test and evaluate new software and hardware, recommend standards and procedures for hardware and software to the firm’s IT leadership.
- Categorization and documentation of software, software configurations, servers, and troubleshooting processes.
- Learning basic administration of the following applications, when the understanding does not already exist and as needs dictate: SCCM, application packaging, Group Policy, and ProfileUnity.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years of applicable work experience. Law firm or law department experience preferred in managing information systems.
- Thorough knowledge of desktop and applications, support, troubleshooting and problem solving, maintenance, and installations. Solid understand of testing processes.
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems, Active Directory and Desktop applications. An understanding of the Windows registry.
- Deep understanding / experience with Windows 10 and application configurations, deployment, troubleshooting, testing, and upgrading.
- Ability to communicate complex systems information and ideas effectively and efficiently to attorneys, managers and staff – often with minimal preparation.
- Must possess very strong customer service skills, be detail-oriented and have good follow through.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed, to provide support to Attorneys, Staff, and other professionals and to work on application upgrades.
- Ability to rapidly analyze issues, anticipate consequences, make decisions and initiate action.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients and staff in person, by e-mail and telephone. Facilitate individual and group meetings dealing with the firm’s systems and technology.
- Knowledge of PowerShell and Visual Basic a plus.
- Knowledge of NetDocuments a plus.