The Senior ERP Data Migration Specialist – Dynamics D365 F&O, ensures the optimal use of the D365 system to meet our global business and functional requirements. The incumbent will work with stakeholders and end users to understand their legacy data and help with the migration into global templates and load into the new ERP. In addition, the incumbent will understand and document existing and future business requirements and processes in order to translate data requirements and system specifications. He/she will leverage both system and functional expertise to make recommendations for best-practices and assist the technical team with the upload and validation of data during all phases of the project, CRP, UAT and Go Live. This role reports to the ERP Implementation Lead and is part of the growing ERP Team that support users in both the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Work closely and communicate with stakeholders and system end users in the operating companies to improve the ERP system usage, uncovering areas for improvement with data in the ERP solution.
- Meeting with stakeholders to identify and document data migration requirements.
- Document the results of meetings with stakeholders/functional teams, and communicate the outcome and proposed plans of action to appropriate parties
- Proactively identify opportunities or obstacles concerning obtaining the data needed by the business and communicate these to the data quality team.
- Communicate data gaps along with potential solutions to address these gaps to the Solution Architect or the Implementation Lead while keeping other stakeholders fully informed.
- Work closely with the Solution Architect, Implementation Lead, and the Functional Analyst to define the scope of the appropriate intervention and solution.
- Participate in data migration solution testing and validate that the data migration solution satisfies the business requirement in collaboration with the D365 Functional and Business teams.
- The Data migration specialist should ensure that
- The extraction of the data from source systems' fields and subsequent movement to the D365 Data Entity target fields were performed correctly, and
- The transformations or other business rules applied to the data were performed correctly. Correctly is defined as being in accordance with the identified business requirements.
- This testing would be performed with the Data Development and D365 Functional and Business teams.
- Data Analysts involved in the design and development of a data migration solutions should identify, document and communicate the stakeholder requirements to delivery teams.
- Performing data migrations from any various legacy systems into the D365 F&O in a timely and accurate manner with or without an ETL tool
- Coordinate database and migration changes with internal teams and Stake holders
- Develop a detailed documentation and mapping to the new data structures, for optimal usage through the D365 application by End Users, and BI technologies.
- Produce the data migration strategy and execution plan to achieve key project milestones considering near-static data, and data that is in flux.
- Communicate with internal and external project managers, operating company management, Microsoft and other partners, and the extended user community to drive day-to-day initiatives as well as strategic solutions.
- Keep up to date on the latest process and ERP system advancements to automate and modernize
- Experience in developing functional specifications, gap document and training materials
- Reviewing existing migration tools and providing recommendations for improving the migration process
- Degree in Accounting, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with all levels within an organization and across multiple geographies
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience leading data migration activities within Dynamics 365 in a Global ERP environment
- MS certified and having hands-on experience with Microsoft Dynamics D365 Finance & Operations
- Good knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SQL server reporting services (SSRS) a plus
- Strong MS Office skills across PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team collaboratively and within deadlines
- Good understanding of accounting
- Participated in all stages of lifecycle of MS D365 implementation projects a plus
- Experience using D365 Data Management functionality
- Familiarity with D365 third-party products, such as SKG Treasury Automation suite, FastPath Security Module, Medius Procurement & AP automation process a strong plus
- Familiarity with ticket systems such as Jira Service Desk a plus
- Project management experience desired