Career Techniques Inc.
The Platform Engineer manages infrastructure components such as various platform, containers and cloud operations. The Platform Engineering role builds and maintains the platforms which form the base for the running of software solutions and services. The Platform Engineer is highly involved in the shift from legacy and network-based environments.
This role requires skills in Big Data Design, Implementation, Scalability and Operations.
- Has working experience and advanced specialized technical/functional knowledge in the discipline. Mentors colleagues with less experience and supports junior team members.
- Influences decisions related to own activity, anticipating dependencies and consequences in complex scenarios, contributes to transversal projects, proposes improvements to processes and is accountable for own and team commitments.
- Works independently within plan dictated by manager, with some guidance on most complex situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years working in the Information Technology Industry
- 2+ years system engineering or platform engineering
- Columnar DB Design and Implementation (Druid), including relevant experience with production performance tuning and configuration.
- Experience in cloud database implementations and migrations (Azure)
- Construction of highly efficient scalable systems
- System Monitoring and Alerting
- Technical Skills:
- Druid DB Technology
- Azure Big Data Solutions