Career Techniques Inc.
The Senior Project Manager will collaborate with leaders and stakeholders across the organization and customers to ensure appropriate delivery of activities related to project management, executive communications, and change management governance. The position has highly visible projects within the organization and with customers which requires excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Drive projects focused on data ingestion and publication, master data management, AI/ML and reporting to enable customers to glean insights within and across business lines.
- Support other types of projects where necessary focused on transitioning customers to cloud-enabled shared services provided by the firm (e.g. Procurement, HR, Real Estate and Facilities Management, Risk Management, Business Applications)
- Review, manage, and resolve resource assignments/constraints on projects that support programs. Determine best methods for assessing comprehensiveness and accuracy of project planning and resource requirements.
- Deliver projects with customer approved artifacts, scope, schedule and budget while tracking measurements of success (CSAT/NPS)
- Build out and maintain all agreed upon project management artifacts including charters, requirements, end to end project plans, stakeholder approvals process, and notifications in a single source to drive transparency throughout the project management lifecycle
- Drive quality throughout delivery, including QA and UAT. Ensure outputs are thoroughly tested and proven before deployment to customers and transitioned to support
- Build and manage stakeholder relationships (both internal and external), communicating clear and concise messaging to various levels of leadership consistently
- Govern and support the project and program level change control processes in the PMO. Ensure that changes are approved and signed off from leadership
- Govern and be accountable for all financial applications projects with quality checks, communications accuracy, and delivery
- Develop key relationships with cross functional teams, customers, and vendors while promoting the firm's PPM processes and tools throughout the organization
- Manage, review and quality check overall project health status, critical path dependencies, project management lifecycle, phase gates, key milestones, issues/risks, success measurements, and variances (schedule, scope, cost) on a weekly basis
- Drive continuous process improvements of project end to end delivery with feedback loops and postmortems.
- Drive risk mitigation solutions and recommendations for projects, review risk tracking, and overall governance of the projects risk reporting. Create and manage risk management reporting for leadership reviews and approvals
- Actively drive issues to resolution by holding self and others accountable with timely Go-To-Green action plans
- Maintain best practices for overall project reporting deliverables including project milestones, risks, escalations, dependencies, executive level read outs and steering committee reviews
- Be a leader in the Project Delivery Management capability by driving adoption of processes, PPM tools, end to end delivery governance of implementation plans, training, change management and user adoption. Drive team, customers, and vendor adoption of shared services standards
- Ensure a high level of consistency in quality of project-related data. This includes internal and external artifacts that adhere to portfolio governance policies, approvals of requirements, executive communications, training materials, and project data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Communications, Technology, Business Administration or related field
- 5 to 8 years of experience working in a PMO as a senior project manager, senior project lead, or manager of project management office role
- PMP/ PRINCE 2 certification and/or related coursework in program management, project management, lean six sigma, SAFE Agile, ITIL, and more
- Prior experience as a senior lead delivering projects involving data ingestion, data warehousing, master data management, and business intelligence technologies.
- Extensive experience working with 3rd party vendors or contractors to execute a project
- Able to work autonomously while being a team player, driving decisions and influencing change
- Mentor, coach, and provide guidance, team onboarding, and be accountable to adhere to PMO processes and drive adoption of PPM tools across the organization
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward alignment
- Able to energize a team against a goal, committed to continuous process evolution and improvements
- Substantial communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations. The ideal candidate excels in connecting outcomes, process and execution
- Proficiency with Clarizen, Azure Dev Ops, Jira, Jira Align, Tableau, Confluence, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel, MS Project, SharePoint or other related PPM Tools
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly, capable to pivot and focus on competing initiatives, as well as manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Calm under pressure, able to make quick and rational decisions, deliver through ambiguity, while maintaining the project priorities of the team.
- Expected travel 20-25%