Reporting to the Head of Content, the Director, Social Media will be responsible for developing and owning our social media strategy, developing that strategy as a major flywheel to amplify the company’s leadership and strategy, driven by gold standard content. In doing so, s/he will increase online engagement and brand awareness and strategically manage and grow our follower base.
- Develop and execute comprehensive social media strategy to elevate and amplify our voice.
- Understand our leading business differentiators, and work to leverage social media strategically as part of a broader marketing/communications/content approach, acting as the flywheel to amplify our brand.
- Act as a brand storyteller, leveraging the unique platform of social media to reach new and existing audiences.
- Strategically grow social media following across platforms, targeting a range of audiences and influencers, through strategic engagement and content.
- Build a strategic social media engagement program, vs simply leveraging social as another distribution channel.
- Deep understanding of social media analytics and ability to translate data and performance to optimize engagement.
- Work closely with cross functional teams.
- Measure, analyze and report on goals and channel performance
- Fully manage all organic social channels and work closely with Paid Marketing team to inform overall strategy
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, communications, or related field, preferred
- Minimum of 10+ of professional experience managing strategic social media programs, building social media audiences strategically, leveraging social as a key element of marketing and business development programs.
- Expertise and technical knowledge of paid social media campaigns on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Have a finger on the pulse of global and regional social and cultural trends. You have extensive knowledge and understanding of social channels (Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, Giphy, TikTok, etc.) and how each platform can be used most efficiently in different scenarios.
- Experience as a leader of strategic content teams, developing longer form persuasive content that can be leveraged via social.
- Experience in social media engagement with success in driving new engagement strategies.
- Experience working with senior business leaders to develop successful social media engagement strategies.
- Excellent analytical skills to marry the quantitative with the qualitative
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent team management and collaboration skills